Important information for Re-opening our church facilities!
Updated: Jul 16, 2021
An Update from the Reopening Committee of
Trinity United Church & Providence United Church
Trinity’s Reopening Committee met on Wednesday, July 8th and will meet again on Wednesday July 28th. Information from the Ontario Government and the United Church of Canada was reviewed with close attention paid to the Ontario “Roadmap to Reopen”.
· Trinity’s Reopening Committee remains committed to developing a comprehensive, detailed plan to ensure that members of our faith community are as safe as possible in our church facility.
· A reopening target date of Sunday, October 3, 2021for church services has been chosen. We plan to hold our own, early “Thanksgiving Celebration”.
· It is important to move forward with regular Sunday services and maintain the recorded services to reach as many people of our congregation and community as possible.
· Regular church services will be held on Sunday mornings; will also be livestreamed; and will later be available on YouTube. Trinity is certainly moving forward into the future.
· As part of the reopening for Sunday services, much help is needed for the following Reopening Sub Committees: Sanctuary Set Up, Cleaning, Ushering, Covid Screening, Coordination of Attendees, and the Technology Team.We need the help of many Trinity volunteers to implement a safe reopening plan.
· At our next Reopening Committee meeting, we also plan to discuss the reopening of the Trinity Church facility for: Committee Meetings, Church Events and Community Groups.
· Members of Trinity’s Church Reopening Committee are Rev. Andrew Macpherson, Carol Wells-Gordon, Susan & Armand Hachey, Jim Telford, Dave and Audrey Mackay, Cathy Bennett, Dorothy McTaggart, John Knox, Marion Mackenzie and Connie Picken. Susan Zilke Ward and Kevin Shields also provide support and assistance.
Planning for our safe church reopening is a very serious undertaking and much help will be needed by Trinity’s family to ensure success. Please contact one of our committee members if you have suggestions and/or are willing to assist.
Dave Mackay and Connie Picken(Co-chairpersons)
Providence is re-opening on Sunday, August 1st!
Providence United Church will be holding their first Sunday service on August 1st with Elizabeth Petters as their special guest speaker. Since this will be an outdoor service, we ask that you bring along a lawn chair, a bottle of water for hydration and a mask for yourself. We will be following Covid protocols of social distancing and masks when singing. More information to follow.