Nurturing the Spirit, the Caring Journey, partnering for the Community, Funding for Ministry, Sharing Hope Locally and Globally.
We acknowledge that we live on the traditional territory of the Mississauga People of the Anishinaabe Nation. We acknowledge their stewardship of the land throughout the ages.
We extend a warm, friendly welcome to all!
Please call the Church Office at (705)738-5135 if you need to pick-up something up in the church, to arrange an appropriate time.
All functions such as Committee and Council Meetings, please book your rooms ahead of time and Covid protocols will be observed.
Please Remember in your PrayersThose at home, in nursing homes and in hospital who are facing illness, bereavement and other life challenges. If you need prayer or would like to be part of a prayer group, please contact the Prayer Circle in confidence at (705)738-5135 (church office). This week please pray for Aylwin United Church, East Central Ontario Region (ECO).
Birthdays for August!
In August Happy Birthday to: Dave Mackay (4th), Dimitri Speksnijder (5th), Meg Leonard (6th), Liz Dragstra (6th), Steve Oliver (19th), Lorraine Button (20th) and Joan Wesley (21st). May God bless you this coming year!
Anniversaries for August!
Congratulations to: In August we have: Marion & Lorne Mackenzie (6th), Sue & Doug Pepper (9th), Colleen & Stan Gilpin (13th), Mary and Richard Fedy (50 yrs.! on 14th), Carol Wells-Gordon & Bill Gordon (16th) and Harlene & Fred Waterman (26th).
We would be pleased if you would…
provide us with your birthday and/or Wedding Anniversary date, so that we can acknowledge and celebrate with you your momentous day!
A BIG THANK-YOU TO…
We have so many Special Memories to Cherish! We are so Blessed with a Beautiful Family & Many Friends💞! Thank You for your Best Wishes and the Blessing from Reverend Andrew as we celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary🎊!
Love & Hugs from Susan & Armand
Providence is re-opening on Sunday, August 1st!
Providence United Church will be holding their first Sunday service on August 1st with Elizabeth Petters as their special guest speaker. Since this will be an outdoor service, we ask that you bring along a lawn chair, a bottle of water for hydration and a mask for yourself. We will be following Covid protocols of social distancing and masks when singing. More information to follow.
UCW ladies – making Chili Sauce!
UCW ladies are making chili sauce in the kitchen on Wed., Sept. 1st & Tues., Sept. 7th starting at 9:00 a.m. Lots of chopping and good fellowship. Bring your favourite knife and come and help. I am still needing 500 ml. Mason Jars so if you have any to contribute that would be great. Thank-you to all who contributed jars so far. Hope to see you on Sept.1st and/or Sept. 7th. Olive Macoomb
Sunday’s Virtual Coffee Time…
will be taking place on Sunday at 11:00 a.m. with Steve Oliver. Join “Zoom” every Sunday with the “Zoom” link below: Meeting ID: 857 9001 6906; Password: coffee. Come and join us for a casual time of conversation and fun on Sunday’s at 11:00 a.m.!
Hosted by Kente UCW for Sat. August 28, 2021 costing $10.00 at the door, but please register ahead of time as space is limited and it is on a “first come, first serve” basis. We have the registration forms at Trinity or if you phone the church office at 738-5135, the registration form can be sent out via your email address as an attachment. The theme is “Let it Go” with music and message by Wanda Stride. Arrival and registration are at 9:30 a.m. Lawn Meeting on Zufelt Lawn, parking by the Climbing Wall and the washrooms/hot water in Zufelt Lodge. Bring your own lawn chair, brownbag lunch, snacks/beverage and an offering for Camp Quin-Mo-Lac. Additional information sent by Kente UCW the day after registration and you may also see the poster on the UCW information board, in the hallway running along the kitchen at Trinity United Church.
M & S in action with covid vaccines:
If you would like to donate funds so that people in third world countries can get the vaccination again Covid please see the following link:
Support the worldwide effort to protect people from COVID-19, one vaccine at a time. You may send your cheques into Trinity stating “for M&S Covid Vaccines”.
FEASTING ON THE WORK BIBLE STUDY…
will be starting up again on Friday, September 17, 2021 via Zoom.
VIBE IS A GO!!! Save the dates:
We are thrilled to announce that we have hired two enthusiastic and very qualified leaders to offer a virtual camp program, based on the Colours of the Rainbow. We are offering 2 sessions of 8 days each but the beauty of the program is that with the exception of 4 short Zoom meetings, campers can enjoy the program at their own pace. There will be a private Facebook page and a Gmail link to access movies, craft demonstrations, songs and games.
We also have a camp in a bag kit for each registered camper. This will include our program; craft supplies and a few other helpful items. There is no cost to register for the camp. I am including the link for the registration, which can be done and submitted online.
Please share the link with everyone you know who has kids, especially those who have enjoyed the VIBE program in the past.
We are also looking for some volunteers to help in the Zoom rooms. Those youth (12 +) who qualified as junior leaders in the past would be eligible.
Once you submit your registration, more information will come up including the vibe email and contact numbers.
We really need your help to get the word out as we are working on a very short timeline. Thanks for all your help!
Sessions are Monday to Thursday for a 2-week session (see below).
- Session 1 Monday, July 19th to Thursday July 22nd and Monday July,
26th to Thursday, July 29th
- Session 2 Monday, August 9th to Thursday, August 12th and
Monday, August 16th to Thursday, August 19th.
Good News - We Are Moving Forward
Update on the Reopening Plan for Trinity United Church
Trinity’s Reopening Committee is moving ahead with a reopening plan that is an ongoing process.Firstly, here is some background information.
· We must follow guidelines established by both the Province of Ontario Reopening Plan and the Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit.
· At the beginning of August, the Province of Ontario will announce what the next steps are after the waiting period of 21 days following July 16, 2021.
· Rev. Andrew is on Study Leave for two weeks in August and Susan Zilke Ward is away on holidays for the first two weeks of September.
Trinity Providence Pastoral Charge Services
· Providence United Church is planning for outdoor services (weather permitting). Services will be cancelled due to inclement weather. Trinity’s church family is invited to attend any services. Rev. Andrew will conduct the services on August 1st and September 12th.
· Our date for Trinity’s first indoor service has been moved up to Sunday, September 19th.
· Trinity United Church is inviting people who wish to attend the recording of a service on Thursday afternoons. At the present time 15 people can attend, but that number could increase in the near future. Please contact Carol Wells-Gordon at (705) 731-0455 to book your attendance.
· Plans are being developed for people who would like to be in the Sanctuary for a personal, quiet time of prayer. The Sanctuary will soon be open, possibly on Thursday mornings, and protocols are being arranged. Stay tuned for more information.
Church Events and Committees
· Trinity is open for church events and committee meetings. At this time, the total number of people in the church must not exceed 25 and that number also includes staff members. Outdoor events can accommodate up to 100 people.
· “Whether indoors or outdoors, attendees must stay 2 metres apart from each other, except if they live in the same household.Masks must be worn inside when you are within 2 meters of another person who is not a part of your household.Mask use is also recommended outdoors if you cannot stay 2 metres apart from someone outside your household.”(Health Unit)
· Please book any events through Susan Zilke Ward.
Volunteers are Needed to Make our Reopening Happen!
· Many volunteers are needed to make church services, events and committee meetings happen.
· Urgently needed are volunteers for the Livestream Recording of Sunday Services, specifically Camera Work (3-4), Sound System (3-4), Power Point (3-4). Please contact Cathy Bennett at(705) 738-4080 if you are able to provide your talents and enthusiasm. Training is provided!
· For Sunday Services we also need more volunteers to assist with sign in and screening, ushering and cleaning after the service. We sincerely thank the people that we have heard from already.
· Please contact any of the Reopening Committee Members if you are able to help. We can only reopen with everyone working together!
· Reopening Committee Members are Carol Wells-Gordon, Jim Telford, Susan and Armand Hachey, Dave and Audrey Mackay, Cathy Bennett, John Knox, Dorothy McTaggart, Marion Mackenzie, Susan Zilke Ward, Kevin Shields, Connie Picken and Rev. Andrew Macpherson.
Dave Mackay and Connie Picken(Co-chairpersons)
Perhaps now is the time to think about joining the United Church of Canada’s PAR (Pre-Authorized Remittance) monthly program to ensure your contribution to the churches ongoing expenses are met. With the continuance of COVID-19 protocols, eagerly awaiting vaccine shots and the reopening of Bobcaygeon’s Trinity/Providence United Church, the church’s expenses go on. If PAR is something you’d like to join, please contact Kim Draper at - email@example.com or call her at 416-346-6902. The church accepts cash or cheques payable to ‘Trinity United Church”, sent to P.O. Box #426, Bobcaygeon, ON,