Nurturing the Spirit, the Caring Journey, partnering
for the Community, Funding for Ministry, Sharing Hope Locally and Globally.
We acknowledge that we live on the traditional territory of the Mississauga People of the Anishinaabe Nation. We acknowledge their stewardship of the land throughout the ages.
We extend a warm, friendly welcome to all!
Latest Covid Update (Source - HKPR District Health Unit)
As of March 21, 2022 more Covid restrictions are being lifted in Ontario. We have examined the Covid changes and the following items impact life at Trinity and Providence Churches.
• The requirement to wear masks in most indoor public settings is lifted.
• Mask use will be a personal choice. People who feel more comfortable wearing a mask are encouraged to do so.
• Please show kindness and respect for the choices that individuals make.
• Capacity limits at organized public events are no longer in effect. No gathering limits are in effect for weddings, funerals, or religious services.
• Physical distancing should be continued where possible.
With the cooperation of our church family, we have maintained a safe place over the last two years. Please continue to follow safe practices and be considerate to others as we move through this period of transition together. We sincerely thank you!
Please Remember in your Prayers
Those at home, in nursing homes and in hospital who are facing illness, bereavement and other life challenges. If you need prayer or would like to be part of a prayer group, please contact the Prayer Circle in confidence at (705)738-5135 (church office). This week please pray for Cassburn United Church, East Central Ontario Region (ECOR).
Best wishes to all those who have Birthdays and Anniversaries in May!
Special Activities this Week at Trinity
We sincerely thank all of those participating in activities and meetings for following the Covid 19 Protocols established by the Ontario Government and the Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit. We all need to do our part to keep our church as safe as possible!
Peacefully on Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at Ross Memorial Hospital
in Lindsay with family at his side, Doug Jones in his 100th year passed away. Doug’s “Celebration of Life” will be taking place on Saturday, May 28, 2022 at Trinity United Church Bobcaygeon at 2:00 p.m. There will be a visitation
taking place at 1:00 p.m. prior to the service.
Lois Gwendolyn Clarke
Lois passed away peacefully at home surrounded by her loving family on March 31, 2022. Family and friends will be received at THE HENDREN FUNERAL HOMES- MONK CHAPEL, from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. on Friday, May 13th, 2022, and on Saturday, May 14th, 2022 from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. with the funeral service to follow at 1:00 p.m.
Prayer Request and Pastoral Care
If you have a prayer request, please call the church office at (705)738-5135 and we will pass your request through to our active Prayer Circle and Pastoral Care Teams or you may call Rev. Andrew Macpherson.
AFFIRM EDUCATION TEAM
SAVE THE DATE: MAY 1st, 2022
With Covid-19 behind us and all protocol lifted, we have decided
to have the Affirming vote at Trinity United Church – Bobcaygeon.
I hope all will attend and vote with open hearts and open minds.
See you there and the following information. Kim Draper
UPCOMING AFFIRM VOTE INFORMATION
• Vote will take place immediately after the May 1st, 2022 Sunday Service
• There will be 4 motions to complete before a conclusion is had. They are as follows:
o To allow Adherents to vote on temporal matters
o To allow children to vote on temporal matters
• Because the Mission Statement was handed out on a separate piece of paper and not included in the official Minutes, the following motion will be required
o To revise the March 5th, 2020 Council Minutes to include the following Mission Statement:
TRINITY UNITED CHURCH – BOBCAYGEON
GROWING, CARING, SHARING
As followers of Jesus Christ, we seek to:
• spread God’s liberating love and respect God’s creation, functioning as a caring faith community
• encourage everyone to participate in all aspects of the life and work of the community of faith
• further our spiritual growth through worship, study of the scriptures and deepening relationships
As an affirming congregation, we celebrate God’s love:
• as expressed through diversity in ability, age, appearance, beliefs, capacity, ethnicity, family configuration, gender identity, personality, racial identity, sexual orientation, social status
We commit to God’s vision of wholeness for all creation.
Come, share this journey.
o To approve Trinity United Church – Bobcaygeon’s Mission Statement as presented by Council
o To become a member of Affirm United for an annual membership fee of $100.00
• The first 3 motions will be with a show of hands
• The last 2 motions will be by secret anonymous ballots which will be handed out at the end of the Sunday service
• There must be a minimum of 75% in favour of becoming an Affirming Church to pass
• All in attendance at the meeting and those on Zoom/phone will be counted as in attendance and present. Both voting methods are secret and anonymous.
• The Zoom/phone link will be included in the Friday File and will be open for 15 minutes only at 12:00pm to 12:15pm on May 1st, 2022 to be included in the vote. If you are planning on using Zoom or Zoom phone link and would like help to set up, please contact Kim Draper at 416-346-6902 after April 28th 2022. There will be one vote per phone/zoom link. Otherwise, in person voting is the easiest way
• There are 3 scrutineers: Bud Justice, Catherine Junkin and Lidy Fraser. Counting will be done at the front of the church in view of all. Once the count has be tallied, the results will be announced immediately.
• All ballots will be shredded immediately
This is the invitation:
Trinity United Church is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Trinity United Church Affirming Vote
Time: May 1, 2022 12:00 PM America/Toronto
Join Zoom Meeting
Chicken and Beef Meat Pies
Meat Pies being sold after Church this Sunday, April 24, 2022!
They are $6.00 each. Come out and get your "home/church made" chicken and beef meat pies.
ART SHOW & SALE AT TRINITY!
You are invited to an “Art Show & Sale” at Trinity United Church taking place on Saturday, May 7th from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. and on Sunday, May 8th after the church service. Art on display from pieces done over the last 28 years. Proceeds to support New Technical Equipment for Trinity United Church (Approximate Cost $10,000).
Contrary to the notice in the newsletter regarding the start of the healing ministry this month, with the 6th wave of Covid upon us, Beth and I have decided to wait until further on in the Spring when it will be safer to begin our Reiki practice. We are sorry to have to make this decision, but find it necessary at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
Carol Wells-Gordon & Beth Halliday
UCW Women's Retreat
Because this year's UCW Women's Retreat in April has been cancelled due to lack of attendance, we still wanted to get together and put on a one-day retreat for all the hard-working women to attend. Mark it on your calendar:
Thursday May 5th, 2022
9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Program with morning coffee/snack, luncheon, afternoon tea/snack.
I know I would love to see all of you in a social setting (all Covid protocol's will be adhered to) after such a long time away from all usual events. Please plan to attend and let me know if you can make it.
Faithfully, Kim Draper
News from the Knitting Group
New members are welcome as projects are created for shut-ins and various people in need. The Knitting Group meet every second Tuesday and the dates will be posted under “Special Activities This Week at Trinity”. Covid Protocols must be followed (signing the contact sheet upon entry, hand sanitizing, wearing masks and maintaining proper social distance). For further information about the Knitting Group, contact Gail Lewis at 705-738-1279. Our next knitting session will be on Tues., May 3, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Room.
Bay of Quinte UCW ECOR 60th Annual General Meeting
UCW ladies, there is a poster/application for the Bay of Quinte UCW ECOR 60th Annual General Meeting entitled "One in The Spirit Continues". The date will be Thursday, May 12th on “Zoom”. Guest speaker is Melody Crowe and registration is taking place between 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS APRIL 28, 2022.
(Please see the poster on the UCW board by the kitchen for more information).
The BonaCHORDS and Jubilaires invite you to attend…
“Song Salad with Sixties Salt” concert taking place on Sunday,
May 1, 2022 @ 2:30 p.m. at Murray Street Baptist Church. Tickets are $20.00 from the singers (our own Brenda Shield) or at the door. Children 12 and under are free.
Back to the Music with the Kawartha Male Chorus
The concert will be taking place on Sunday, May 15th at 2:00 p.m. at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church at 40 William St. N. in Lindsay.
Admission: Freewill Offering. Come visit the Silent Auction Table!